Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Going "Home" to be a Warrior

Hello everybody. I am so sorry. I realize that it has been awhile since I have written in here. I do apologize for that. On Monday, May 3rd, I got an incredible opportunity. I was invited by Adair public School (Home of the Warriors!!!) to come and speak to grades PreK-5th. The experience was AWESOME!!! I must admit at first it felt kind of strange walking back into the halls of Adair Elementary school. There were a lot of teachers and faculity that came to hear me. Yet, there was some I didn't know. I was a little late getting there. Therefore, I began speaking to the third, fourth, and fifth graders right away. Let me tell you, they asked some great questions, some of which i will post in a question and answer session on Facebook in the very near future. Some of the students after that session rushed up to tell me they loved the story so much that they were going to buy the bookThis made me feel good. I got to hang out with teachers that I haven't seen in years. A big thank-you goes to Judy Dodson,Lisa Couch, and Becky Deloizer for help in making this event a great experience for me. The Pre K-2nd graders were so cute, and great listeners. I ended up selling a grad total of seven books, with possibly more on the way. Thank-you Adair for allowing me to come Home and be a warrior, if only for a few hours anyway. For those of you who wanted to see me, but didn't get to, I apologize. I was a little short on time, but would be happy to talk with you by e-mail if you message me.

No comments:

Post a Comment