Friday, January 14, 2011

My talk with Cindy Morrison

Hey everyone!

Hope you have been enjoying the extreme cold we have been having. Things have been pretty slow with Penny Brown and the wheelchair book lately. Michelle and i would LOVE to do a signing somewhere soon. The weather has been awful though, making it hard for us to get together and sign books. Our next scheduled signing is March 11th, 2011 at the Fort Smith Public Library in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Michelle and i will be featured in the "Authors in the Afternoon" series. I am very excited about that.

Since we are not signing as many books these days, I try to get the word out about my wheelchair book through interviews. I would like to thank Mrs. Cindy Morrison for taking the time to talk to me earlier this month. For those of you who do not know, Mrs. Morrison used to be a TV journalist, but has not turned into an euterperner, speaker, and she loves social media sites. Mrs. Morrison keeps quite busy. She gave me some great tips that will lead to bigger book sales (Hopefully) in the future.

The day after I chatted with Mrs. Morrison, I had the opportunity to be a guest on Janet Powers Blog Talk Radio show, "The Diva Toolbox." It was fun promoting my book as well as my upcoming events with Cindy and Janet. If you haven't checked out Cindy Morrison's book, it's called "Girlfriends 2.0" and it is sold in bookstores, such as www.amazon.com

So, if there are any authors feeling discouraged over lack of book sales or signings, especially during the winter months, please realize there are things that you can do to keep yourself going. When I am not busy promoting Penny, I am working on a short story, or constantly looking for publishers. Hard work will pay off in the long run.

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment