Monday, February 7, 2011

"I Am Snowed In........But I Am Okay"

This latest book title about sums it up. What do you think? The idea came to me last week as the one of the biggest blizzards in the history of Oklahoma arrived. The entire state was shut down for days. As I write this, a number of area schools are still closed, and people are stuck at home. Michelle and her family are slowly digging out from under 21 inches of snow......and more is on the way.

This got me thinking. What are people doing with this extended vacation? An unexpected snow day is always nice........but not six of them! (Fortunately, this part of Arkansas has not seen near the amount of snow Oklahoma has, but I have a feeling our turn is coming)

How would Penny cope with this situation in the wheelchair? Her options seem to be limited,being confined to the chair, but will that stop her? Can she play in the snow like her little brother Peter?

What other ways can penny keep herself busy being confined to the house? Will she ever go back to school and see her teacher, Amy, and Josh? I am going to paly around with this. Ideas would be welcome as far as what you do to relieve cabin fever? Please leave me some comments. I will let you know how this turns out.

Stay warm. The latest book will be dedicated to all of my Oklahoma friends in the blizzard of 2011.

Until next time.......Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment