Monday, November 22, 2010

Being Thankful

It is hard to believe that "I Sit In A Wheelchair....But I Will Be Okay" has been on the shelves for almost nine months. If you have purchased this book, thank-you all ever so much. It is our wish that you have had fun reading the story with/or to your children. I hope that you have taken something positive from the book as well.

If you have not purchased the book yet, dont worry. There is still time. After all the book will always be available on the World Wide Web. I am also looking forward to my book signing at The Franklin County Library in Ozark in two weeks.

Since Thanksgiving is this week....I am going to take a moment to stop and reflet on what Michelle and I are thankful for.

1. Jesus-This Book has been quite a journey for us both. We prayed for good results with Penny Brown, and I feel as if we have been blessed beyond belief. God is awesome!

2. We are thankful for our families. Without tons of love and support from our families, this project would not have been possible. I would especially like to thank my Grandmother for always supporting me, no matter what I do or where I go. She is the one who taught me to try my hardest, and never give up. I love you all!

3. I am expecially thankful for Michelle's family. Her parents Ronnie and Deanna have been an awesome source of help and support through this process. Without them, this book would not have happened. Michelle's extended family is awesome too! I love you all!

4. I am thankful for my editor Terri Kruse. In addition to catching the mistakes, I don't see, she has been a constant source of support from day one, and she has helped me find not only an illustrator, but my best friend as well. I am also thankful for Beverley Dieker, my other former English teacher, who gave me an idea for the Penny Brown series.

5. Michelle and I are thankful for our own health. We realize that many peoplr have to be in wheelchairs every day. I do have a disabilitty, but I am not in a wheelchair, and we both feel our limitations will not stop us from doing what we want to do. We also realize people face more difficult challenges than us.

6. We are thankful for our Penny Brown fans. Thanks for buying the book. We are working hard to promote it. Without your support, the book would not be on the shelves.

7. Lastly, thank-you to all who have or will let us hold book signings. Book signings are a fun way to get to know the people. I appreciate the businesses who have let us come in and set up space to sell "I Sit in a Wheelchair...But I Will Be Okay"

8. I am thankful for my friends who have inspiried the characters in "I Sit in a Wheelchair...But I Will Be Okay" I would like to thank my friends in general for encouraging me to go on, no matter what. I Love you all!

I know this is quite a list, but we have a lot to be thankful for. Michelle and I expect great things to come from Penny Brown. Untill next time...Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment