Monday, November 8, 2010

New Happenings in Penny Brown World

Hello one and all!

It's been a couple of weeks since I have written, but Michelle and I are working on getting more signings for "I Sit in a Wheelchair...But I Will Be Okay." However, Michelle and I do have busy lives outside of writing. I take care of my Grandma, plus I am a part of a very special book club. Michelle is busy with Art classes at TCC (Tulsa Community College) and she is working really hard preparing for a horse jumping competition in Stillwater, Oklahoma next weekend. Our schedules and the fact that we live two hundred miles away from each other cause us to only book at most two signings a month. If you would like us to come to your school or speak at your organization, please feel free to contact us, and we will work with you.

One upcoming signing that we do have is going to be Saturday, December 4th from 10:00-11:30 A.M. at the Franklin County Public library in Ozark, Arkansas. We feel that this will be a great opportunity to kick off the Christmas season. Are you looking for a special Christmas gift. Please consider the gift of reading. Copies of "I Sit in a Wheelchair...But I Will Be Okay" will be sold for ten dollars. Please bring the kids because we will have goodies for everyone who buys a copy of the book. And, as always, we will be happy to sign them.

Requests are begining to come in for Michelle and myself to speak about Penny Brown in various places in 2011. On March 11th, 2011 (Friday) Michelle and i will be featured in the Fort Smith public libary "Author's in the Afternoon Series. I am very excited about this opportunity. On April 14th, (Thursday) we have been asked to sell books at the Little Lighthouse Job Fair in Tulsa. In May, we will be selling once again at the Special Olympic Games in Stillwater, Oklahoma.

Our books are also available at the Hastings Bookstores in both Fort Smith, Arkansas and the Joplin Missouri locations, and as always, they are available at www.barnesandnoble.com www.amazon.com www.booksamillion.com We also have a Facebook Page I Sit in a Wheelchair...But I Will Be Okay" (Penny Brown Books)

Several people have asked me about Book #2. The writing has been completed, the editing is done, but Michelle is working with her art teacher at TCC to make sure these illustrations are better than ever. I know it's been awhile, but please be patient as good things come to those who wait.

2 comments:

  1. have you ever considered wring an adolescent story for the same character? i think it would be a good book because your more mature character will be more aware of what is going on and she will have to raise to some new challenges and possibly become a more tangible character:-)Though I am looking forward to the next book.
    Zulfia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes....Penny is going to progress in age throughout the series. One of my biggest issues and challenges with C.P is the fact that i can't drive....so I will eventually come to a story about that. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete