Thursday, July 21, 2011

A new idea for Penny

Hello all!

Writing is an amazing experience. Ever since I moved to Sperry, I have been looking for new ideas for children's books. Michelle is creating the illustrations as fast as she can. Ten new Penny ideas and titles were revealed in the last blog entry. However, I didn't want to get to far ahead in te series without waiting for her wondrful drawings. This week, I have tossed around ideas for children's short stories, and books. It occured to me that I would like to try my hand at writing a childrens chapter book. Do you think I can do it? Yes I can!

My outline is rough, but I cannot wait to start on this story. This book is going to be a spin-off of the Penny series involving Penny Brown's new older friend Pheobe. The working title for this book is The Slumber Party Blues, and target age range is for 7-11 year olds. Summary: Peobhe invites her new friend Penny Brown to a slumber party at her house. Penny is excited and plans on going, but just days before the big bash, Pheobe calls and "uninvites" her without giving her a reason. Penny is sad about this. Can Penny discover what it is and what can she do about it.

So what do you think? Is it a good idea or not? I want to write a chapter book that includes some illustrations. The theme still centers around Penny Brown's character Making a bad situation bearable. So, please give me some opinions, and I will alk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment