Thursday, April 8, 2010

One Never Knows What Might Happen in the Writing Business

"I Sit in a Wheelchair.......But I Will Be Okay" as been out for just short of two months now. Times are tough everywhere. This means people may or may not be able to afford a children's book right away. However, I would first like to thank-everyone who has supported Michelle and I by purchasing a copy of our book.

Since the economy is not that great right now, authors and illustrators like myself and Michelle are constantly thinking of new ways to get the word out about the book. I have a wonderful lady at Stragetic who is helping me get some valuable insight into selling books. Earlier this week, I tried on of Alethea's (Our book coach) ideas. I wrote a cover letter to several libraries in and around my area, describing my book, where it can be purchased, and why writing this book was important to me. well, Wednesday morning, I received a nice E-mail from Pryor, Oklahoma's public library. The director informed me that they would be purchasing a copy for their library. So, to my friends in Pryor, at some point in time, it will be in s library catalog. Thank-you Aletha for that awesome idea!

Another idea was given to my by a college friend of mine, Ashley Bryant. She is not only a Mom who works in the Sperry, Oklahoma school system, she also recently went to work for a marketing company that will get local businesses put in google, and GPS devices. I am so proud of her. Ashley got me set up on a website called LinkedIN This is a website where you set up a profile, and it will connect you with thousands of businesses across the country. Well, I couldn't pass up an opportunity to sell more books, so I signed up. I am looking forward to establishing contacts who could help promote this children's book. Thank-you Ashley!

As always, I am on Facebook as well as Twitter........I haven't found my way around Twitter too well yet, but I am working on it. I am using every means that I can think of to sell books. After all, you never know what might happen in the writing business.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite ... I invite you to follow my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete