Friday, April 2, 2010

our new Amazon Page and "Life in the Ozarks"

Hi Friends!

Well, I think my friend Michelle and I have recovered from our first book signing, and we can't wait for the next one. (More on that later) I have still been plugging away....telling everyone I can think of about Penny Brown and "I Sit in a Wheelchair....But I Will Be Okay" The book will not sell itself. Like I have mentioned before, I think some people think being an author involves just writing the book.......not true. (especially with a self-publisher) However, it has been a fun journey so far.

Two interesting things that happened this week. One, Michelle and I now have a separate Amazon website to help us sell the book. This site is complete with pictures and discussion areas. The discussion area will be added to later. Amazon was gracious enough to set this up for us for free. (They do that for all of their authors, which I thought was nice. Here is the link for that.

http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003EU8CNU

Please, look around, enjoy, tell me what you think.

Secondly, I believe there is more to writing than being a writer. The part I enjoy about signings is being able to engage and talk to people. I am apart of a group called "The Ozarks Writer's league" it serves people who love writing throughout Oklahoma/Arkansas/Kansas/Missouri/ and Texas. I e-mailed the entire group of people, and received several responses about "I Sit in a Wheelchair....But I Will Be Okay" A lady named Alice Chambers e-mailed me and said she would like to feature Michelle and I in her April issue of an E-zine called "Life in the Ozarks." This was thrilling to me. So, I sent information, and a week later, Michelle and I appear in The Arts and Entertainment section. You can view the article here:

www.lifeintheozarksonline.com/friends/oflito/

I am so excited! And, we have YOU to thank for helping make this happen! Thank you so much for supporting us in this venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment