Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Writing, activities, family, how they all fit in

Hello Friends!

I realize it's been awhile since I have written on the blog, but you know, times flies when you are having fun! I have been busy with the book, of course, trying to find places to promote it. "I Sit in a Wheelchair.........But I Will Be Okay" has given me a lot of joy. For those of you that have been around me lately, it's all i seem to talk about. But, you know what? I love it! I have found something I love to do (writing) and have gotten totally immersed in it.

Writing is not my entire life. I love to read, and am even part of a book club. I like to go to church, when I can, to be thankful to God for all He has provided for me. I spend a lot of time with my sweet Grandmother, whom I love dearly. Grandma is one of my biggest fans in my writing endeavors. She has inspired a lot of my stories. I love her so much.

Some people have asked me over the years about a writing schedule. Well, I try to keep one. My favorite time to write is between 8:00 P.M. and Midnight. The house is quiet. There is nothing good on television these days (Except "American Idol", and Lifetime Movies.) Some nights, the words just flow. However, at times I grow frustrated, and pick up a book to read.

I get up about eight every morning, but that time is reserved for helping Grandma with a few things, and cleaning the house. Occasionally, I will get creative bursts throughout the day as well. I stop whatever I am doing, and write. Facebook, Twitter, and E-mail are a big part of my day too. I check all three constantly. (Something I am trying to learn to do a little less of.)

In short, I do take my writing life seriously. I treat it as my "job", since I can't work a regular office job. As I have said before, books do not sell themselves. Therefore, you have to work hard. Writing is hard work, but as long as you learn to have fun and relax it is all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment