Sunday, March 13, 2011

Signing Books in the Fort


Hey!


Hope everyone is doing well. I am wonderful. Glad to have Michelle here with me for the weekend. We were on hand at Fort Smith Public Library on Friday afternoon. That place amazed both of us. The library was about three stories----It isn't just a library, but, it could pass for a small city. The Fort Smith Library had a small cafe called Dewey's and a book shop where you could actually buy books! (I took advantage of that for the book club swap!)


Michelle and I couldn't have been treated better. We enjoyed chatting with Mrs. Diane Chessier, and some of the library staff. All were friendly and helpful. We sold a grand total of five books--I know you are probably thinking this is a low number, but were were okay with it, considering the circumstances, gas prices, and such. At one point, a line of people formed to talk about "I Sit In A Wheelchair...But I Will Be Okay" We met a gentleman who was a retired special education teacher, who actually got his start in Tulsa (close to Michelle's stomping ground) We also met a gentleman who is a full time caregiver and advocate for disabled person's.


If you missed us on Friday, don't worry, there will be several more opportunities in the coming months. Thank-you everyone for making our library time enjoyable. And, as always, you can find "I Sit In A Wheelchair...But I Will Be Okay on http://www.amazon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment