Saturday, March 20, 2010

Finding a home for Penny

Now that I was satisfied with my story the way it was, the time came for me to find "the right" publisher. This was not an easy task. After all, just looking at the "2010 Writer's Market" that I got in the mail the other day had me thinking, "How did i ever find a publisher?"

Children's writing is in high demand right now. Parents are always looking for good, quality books for their children. In turn, children are looking for good books to read. I found the Strategic/Eloquent Publishing Company through my Grandpa's cousin, Betty King, of Wiley, Texas. She had a friend named Sonya Rhodes Webb that went to church with her every week. Sonya happened to work for Strategic/Eloquent as a book reviewer. Sonya and Betty had been talking on Facebook, and all it took was for one e-mail to Sonya, and it felt like I had known her for years.

I filled out a form for Strategic online in August....three days later, they were ready to see more, then three days after that, they offered me a Joint Publishing Venue, which they receive 50 percent of the proceeds for this book, and I would receive 50 percent of the proceeds, and I would in turn, split my half with my illustrator, Michelle, since she drew the pictures.

It was something, Michelle, her Mother Deanna, and I had to think on for about a week, but we eventually accepted the offer. Thus, Penny had found a home!

No comments:

Post a Comment