Monday, March 29, 2010

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

Have you ever heard the saying, "Good things Come to those who wait"? That is how I felt about publishing, "I Sit in a Wheelchair........But I Will Be Okay" A lot of people think that writing a book is just simply writing. However, once you write, if need be you have to find an illustrator. Then, you have to find a publisher.

Strategic is a Print on Demand Publisher. This means, the customer orders the book, and the books are printed. I signed the contract with Strategic in September, and the the first adventure in the Penny Brown Series was released on February 28th, 2010. It was a long six months filled with anticipation and excitement. The finished product was well worth the wait.

Even after the book was released, I still couldn't just sit back and relax. Michelle, Deanna, and I had to find people who were interested in the work. An e-mail from the company was sent to family and friends. The book took off from there.

Michelle and I had our first book signing this past weekend in Branson, MO (More about that later) We also have several signings lined up for the spring and summer. We are so excited about going places and meeting new people. This book will take us both on many adventures.

By the way, if anyone knows of a place where we might do a signing, please just let me know.

To be continued..........

No comments:

Post a Comment